Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lesson Plans Reflection

     I never knew it took so much work when creating lesson plans for the classroom. I have never created a lesson plan until this semester and I was a little overwhelmed at the beginning. After doing 4 of them I kind of have the general idea now of what a lesson plan is suppose to consist of. I had to think a lot about using technology in the classroom and how to relate math topics to the students lives and how it can relate to them. When I was in high school it was all about lecture, take notes, and take a test. Now teachers must incorporate technology and ideas that relate to the students. I actually enjoyed creating lesson plans because it allowed me to think out of the box and be able to be creative for my future classroom. I have never been a very creative person until I had to start creating my own lesson plans. Doing observation hours at Berry Middle School this semester really helped me grow as a future teacher.

    I believe that a quality lesson plan have the following characteristics:
  • The topic relates to the students
  • Uses technology in the classroom
  • Differentiated instruction
  • power point lectures
  • the flip that we have talked about in class
  • videos
  • online tutorials
  • inquiry-based labs
  • debates
  • picture analysis
  • reflective notebooks
     Coming from a background where I knew nothing about different methods of teaching I have learned a lot about lesson planning and how to teach in the classroom this semester. I grew up with just lecture and I always just assumed that teaching is just lecturing in front of the classroom each day but it is way more than that. It takes a lot to teach in the classroom each day and I never realized that until now. I have grown a lot with my teaching methods and I hope to gain more each semester to become the best teacher that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment