Saturday, April 23, 2011

4MAT REFLECTION

    Before learning about 4mat in the classroom this semester I had no clue what this meant. I figured 4mat was the whole concept that the students were going to learn. 4mat is a lot more than just that. When I think of 4mat, differentiated teaching/learning is the first thing that comes to mind. I have never thought about different types of learners in the classroom until we talked about it in class. I never knew  that differentiated teaching could occur in the classroom until I witnessed it myself while observing at Berry Middle School.

     Differentiated teaching allows each learning type to learn the way he or she learns the best. It allows the students to actually grasp the material being given to them. I knew that students learned different ways such as by doing or by listening but I did not know that there were 4 types of learning. I realized how hard differentiated learning can be at times especially in mathematics when it comes to certain topic ideas. The math teacher that I observed under told me to "always do your best and if you are doing your best your students will learn".

    I will definitely incorporate differentiated teaching in my future classroom because I want to be able to reach all of my students in the classroom. I have always been a type 2 learner and to be able to incorporate the creative side of teaching excites me a lot. It really allows me to think outside of my comfort zone and be able to think about different ideas for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment