Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goals In The Classroom / Learning Environment




     In my classroom there will be goals on the bulletin board. I will put different goals up on the board each week to give the students the responsibility of achieving goals daily. This will give my students responsibility in the classroom instead of always relying on me to tell them each day what their goal is. When I mean goals in the classroom I actually mean assignments or projects that we do during the week that need to be achieved by the end of the week. From previous experiences when students achieve a goal it makes them more ambitious and willing to accomplish the next goal.


     Another aspect that theclassroom will have is that everyone will be respectful to each other during the 50 minutes that they are in my classroom. For a student to succeed it is hard enough without others making fun of one another or talking about each other. In my classroom nobody will judge one another by an answer or question in my classroom. There is not a dumb question in my classroom if it helps the students learn. I will also respect my students and give them the up most attention while in my classroom.


 For my core curriculum I found links and information on  the Alabama state department of education website:
http://www.alsde.edu/search/default.aspx?query=math%20core%20curriculum

No comments:

Post a Comment